The 20's guide to Endings and Beginngs.


Today we have a very special 20's diaries session with two amazing women I met on my academic sojourn in Cambridge. Tomi is a multiple award winning lawyer who runs a fantastic lifestyle blog, and Hannah is an incredibly talented art curator, who also runs a blog to exhibit her art.

I am inspired by these two lovely ladies, particularly as I am confident that they are on their way to huge achievements. As the "famzer" that I am ( ha ha, I actually mean "networker"-see the 20's guide to famzing here), after our final examinations, I invited them over for  dinner and we decided to shoot a video, telling you what we feel about endings and beginnings. 

This is a screen shot from a silly video Tomi and I shot on our way to dinner. The content is too ridiculous for viewing!


Customary post-dinner photo, with the Clare College crest in the background. #charliesangels



I believe the selfie-stick is such a fantastic little thing.
Note that I am careful not to say beginnings and endings. This is very intentional. Sometimes, when we come to the end of a process, we focus so much on the just completed process, that we do not prepare adequately for what is coming ahead. I am a very "this is over, moving on to the next thing kind of person", and in as much as I believe that it is important to look ahead always, I however still try my best to pick valuable lessons from my past experience, while refusing to remain stuck in its mistakes. Optimism about the future is the currency that must abound in the pockets of we 20somethings, because we have to deal with multiple endings and beginnings, thus we need to maintain that optimistic outlook, as it has the potential to define what you get out of the next process you face.

Please share what you feel about endings and beginnings. As always, we would love to hear from you.

20slove!

No comments :

Post a Comment