Please I Need Your Hep



That twenties Blog
Dear blog visitor, online intellectual stimulant and encourager,

Please I need your hep. You see, when I started this blog a few years ago, (adonbilivit) I thought I had a million years to be in my twenties. I expected that by the time I hit the big thirty, I would finally understand what life is about and be able to give advice to those coming of age based on my experiences.

Surprise surprise! I’m in my mid-twenties and  instead of figuring it all out, I have figured that “figuring out life” is a continuous exercise, and each stage of life brings its own challenges and questions. Along the line, I also figured out that once anyone of us gets to that place where we can predict everything around us, it does not mean that we have finally arrived, rather, it means that it is time to get uncomfortable and we are ready for a new adventure!
With these musings came the realisation that the name of my blog has an expiry date. So what happens when I’m no more in my twenties? Also am I currently preventing some other age brackets from benefitting from the blog? I really do not want that, so I’m looking ahead, and I have decided that it is time to revamp the blog.

I’ve had this idea for a while but to be honest, I haven’t come up a name I consider fantastic. The one thing I know is that the new name has to have “May” in it because that’s my nick name (lol). I wrote a blogpost a while ago about asking for hep, so after struggling to come up with a name, I decided to ask you for hep with revamping the blog. I really want my readers to be part of the process, and your participation would mean the world to me. I am willing to take the person who suggests the wining name to a nice dinner whenever they are in Lagos, or whenever we are in the same place. If the winning suggestion is from a reader that is far away, (cough, cough dear readers from Australia and Canada) such that it might be difficult to have dinner together, I promise to send a gift irrespective of where you are.

That being said, while coming up with a name, I need you to think about what this blog means to you. My central theme is to encourage people. Times are tough, we defeat ourselves mentally, we feel inadequate and we fear that our dreams will ever come to pass. Most times I try to offer some sort of encouragement to counter the negative energy out there. I try my best to make you dare, make you dream and make you try. Once in a while, I write fiction and give opinion pieces, and some other times I just rant. I’m trying to incorporate a few events or activities in here, but that means I have to share very personal pictures- an idea I am still warming up to (what if I look at my pictures in a few years’ time and I detest my fashion sense- you guys would have already judged me! he he). The blog is also where you get a sneak peek into what is happening in my head per time.

It is however possible that the blog represents something else to you? If this is the case, please tell me what it represents and if you can come up with a name that somehow has “May” inside it, and also conveys what this blog stands for, then I will be so grateful. Don’t waka pass oh. I really want to re-brand in the month of May, so I need your hep to make this happen. Also, if you have a name that doesn’t include May, but you believe it is apt, I’m still happy to explore. Another name came to mind as I was typing this- “Mayvolutoin.” Kinda like a mix between May and evolution or revolution. I kinda like it. Maybe this is the name to use? I’m not sure, so I still need your suggestions. Please leave a comment. If you want us to talk privately, send an email to thattwentiesblog@gmail.com.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to reading from you.

Best Regards,

Your Faithful Wana Be Writer/Blogger,

Mariam Olafuyi

Hep- Help

Adonbilivit- I don’t believe it

Waka pass-  Walk past

5 comments :

  1. MayVox, VoxxyMay, Mayfleek, FleekyMay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for these suggestions! We will unveil the new site on the 1st of May!

      Delete
  2. I think it will be more helpful to consider what the blog may become (or will be doing) in 5 years to determine a few features of your 'rebranding'. Right now (and from your aforementioned) there's emphasis on advisory (content or event). What else is likely to fit in the mix? (reviews? opEd? - oh yes, you mentioned fiction).

    What sort of partnerships do you intend to initiate? Do you plan content extensions (vlog/podcasts)? What demographic (age/gender/orientation etc) is it going to be focusing on primarily (irrespective of how much you grow)? I think answers to some of these questions may help.

    However, on a crunch note, let me try a few spins (Mayvolution might be too serious. "Might".) - and since "May" can seldom rhyme vocally with/as "Me", you may consider: (1) NotesFromMay/NotesByMay or (2) MayToYou.

    By the way, why not do your spin around Mariam?

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mariam I just saw this blog and at a perfect time because I just qualified. Lol. Although now you're taking that away from me. But very lovely entries. And for the rebranding I was thinking 'MAY I?' or 'MAY I SAY?' Instead of seeing may as just your name and you still have your name in it. Nice to see you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feeling bad that I got to see this at 12:14 am on May 2nd...don't know if suggestions are still welcomed but dinner with you sounds too amazing to pass off on so these are my suggestions... "we MA(Y)de it", "May says", "Maydiva", "haMA(Y)zing"

    ReplyDelete